I am writing you today to tell you about why I've been absent as of late. I realize I've neglected my letter writing duties over the past week or two, but did want to let you know that I still fully intend on keeping this thing going for a long time to come. In fact, today I received another reply that I need to toss up on here, but it may have to wait to be posted. Unless I can find a scanner.
What had happened was... I quit my stable and well-paying job of seven years, am in the process of packing up all of my belongings into my
I hope to be back with some new letters come December, once I've established a new mailing address. I'm afraid of some replies getting lost in the shuffle due to a move of this magnitude, but whatever losses are incurred I hope to make up for in the coming months.
Please accept my apologies, and I hope you stick around to see where this thing will go. Just, give me a few weeks to get myself situated. I hope the enclosed photo depicting how a city boy makes indoor campfire marshmallows while doing his Statistics homework is a kind enough gesture to prove his intent. Thank you for your understanding.
Much respect,
Daniel
Good luck with the move, and the affairs of the heart! ;-)
ReplyDeleteDear Daniel,
ReplyDeleteI am softened and delighted to hear that you are pursuing "matters of the heart." Heaven knows that anyone who can write and knit like you has a big ol' heart the size of Texas.
I follow you anonymously and always look forward to your update notifications on my dashboard. I shall miss you and your words and I shall look forward to your return.
May the light be in your heart and the wind be at your back.
Your friend,
Erin O'Brien
Travel safe and good for you for following your heart! I'll be looking forward to more letters in December (Which actually sounds like an awesome book title)
ReplyDeleteMegan
Wow, brave move. I applaud you. Good luck getting settled and we'll be here when you're ready to break out the stamps and envelopes again.
ReplyDeleteSafe travel.
ReplyDeleteVery exciting! I'll look forward to your online return!
ReplyDeleteAnd I need a marshmallow now thanks to you...
Drive safe, buddy. Looking forward to more letters.
ReplyDeleteAnd good luck to you lovebirds!
I know that you're MIA, but when you come back around, I have an award waiting for you here.
ReplyDeletehttp://thetameone.blogspot.com/2010/11/applesoranges-funny-girl-catholicism.html