Dear Krystal Burgers,
I am writing you today to tell you about my first and possibly only Krystal Burgers experience of my life. Firstly, I should explain that I born and raised in Southern California, where Krystal is not known. Recently I moved to Tennessee as part of a spontaneous move, and along my drive I saw what had to have been hundreds of your unique looking dining establishments.
I must admit, I'm not all that keen on eating a lot of fast food, but I'm a sucker for novelty type food items and had decided that I needed to give your joint a try. All I knew is about it is that you guys make and sell mini-hamburgers. I had to be sly about this, too, as my lady friend and I had decided to eat healthy and prepare only home cooked foods in an attempt to lead a better lifestyle.
But... I needed to try one of these burgers.
A bit before noon, while I was running some errands at Home Depot, I made a quick swing through the drive-through of your 5219 Clinton Hwy location in Knoxville, TN. I ordered a single Krystal burger, no onions.
And upon paying for and receiving my Krystal burger, I found not only the smell of onions wafting up from the bag, but there were onions all over my pale gray, slimy burger. I double checked the receipt and verified that it said no onions, which it did. I am confused as to why this was too difficult a request for your griller to handle, though.
Seriously? I mean... really? I could understand if you've got six year old manning the grill back there, but I'm fairly sure there's a literate adult, or at least a semi-literate teenager working there.
You disappoint me, Krystal Burgers. It's probably better that I got this experience out of the way sooner than later.
Daniel
Should have gone to White Castle ;-)
ReplyDeleteI don't think there is an option to not get onions on those things. My husband has tried for years. Also, the pickles. I like them as is, but in limited quantities, with tons of ketchup. I'm pretty sure it's not real meat.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was a child the Krystal burger was good. Now, they are terrible snot burgers. I wonder if it was happening only in my small town of Lafayette, Ga. By your post I see that Krystal burgers has shamefully turned to slim every where.
ReplyDeleteI think they should go back to the original way of making them.