Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dear Outback Steakhouse

Dear Outback Steakhouse,

I am writing you today to share about my recent experience dining at your restaurant located on Merchants Rd in Knoxville, TN. At least, I think it was on Merchants Rd. Possibly store No. 0077. The date and time of our visit was 12/17 at 5:54pm.

What had happened was, me and my lady were wanting to have an easy date night out, and having just received a $50 gift card from my father in California, we opted to give your fine dining establishment a try. She is big on onion things, and I know that bloomin' onion appetizer would woo her just right.

So we ordered. We got appetizers, and then asked if we could sort of customize our dinners a bit by excluding certain items we might not be too jazzed about, like mushrooms. The server acknowledged we could.

Yet lo, these modifications did not happen. Slimy, gooey mushroom were all over my Rubs & Alice. Not being that big a stickler for this though, I started to brush them off, although I did point it out to the server when she came around. She insisted that she be allowed to bring out a replacement dish... and attempt to mend the situation. I said no, but she was insistent.

She won out, and I let her prepare a new dish.

That did not come out until my lady was finished with her dinner. Talk about an uncomfortable date.

I need to make it known, I have eaten at an Outback twice in the past year. The other was in Burbank, CA. And both of those times, my meal was not made to order. C'mon, guys... it can't be that hard. I have my doubts on if I'll ever go back, but I do appreciate the time and attention to these matters.

Thank you,

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment