Friday, December 3, 2010

Dear Home Depot

Dear Home Depot,

I am writing you today to share some concerns I had when I visited one of your fine shopping establishments in Knoxville, TN, the one on Schaad Road specifically. While I don't believe I've ever had a bad experience at Home Depot, I do have to say that some things stood out to me over this past weekend when me and my lady were doing some shopping for home improvement items. In fact, I made about 6 visits to Home Depot over the past week as our home improvement needs continually grew.

My first undertaking was to start on refinishing an old oak work table that my lady found on Craigslist. This thing looked horrible, but we both recognized it to be a solid piece of furniture... and so we bought it with intentions of making it new again. While stripping it down was straight forward for us, we found that a new top needed to be put on... and so I asked one of your sales clerks as to if Home Depot had Formica on hand, which I was told no, and he left it at that. I wasn't set on Formica, but wanted to see how it might fly as an option.

What I found only an hour ago was that you have an entire laminate countertop section on your website, homedepot.com, and that you do seem to have some options available by way of Formica. None of this was offered up my way.

But, I have to tell you, this is okay. I ended up finding a sheet of oak plywood that I had cut down to size. At Lowe's. Not that I'm saying you didn't have this same type of oak plywood, but I they were able to offer me some alternate options so they got my business on that one.

The other thing is, you don't seem to have any traditional plastic handbaskets for light shopping needs. We've got a 4 year old that we bring with us when we make our family trips to the store, and it works well when I can have just one hand free to help maintain social civility with the little one. Just thought that might be a small place of improvement. Thanks for all you offer. I love the way your store smells.

Sincerely,

Daniel

3 comments:

  1. I HATE IT when stores don't have handbaskets. Using a shopping cart inevitably ends to over spending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I detest Home Depot and have received some of the worst service ever from their employees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have to unfollow you for shopping at home depot....but then again, what do I know?

    I guess I'm just biased because Fiance works at Lowe's....selling cabinets and COUNTERTOPS.

    ReplyDelete