Friday, September 10, 2010

Dear Enjoy Foods International

Dear Enjoy Foods International,

I am writing you today to complain about a product of yours I recently purchased from a local convenience store. The product is your 1oz bag of Premium Beef Jerky, Teriyaki flavored. While I don't eat all that much jerky product, I thought it'd be a nice snack to enjoy at work this week and so I indulged in a small portion. Much to my chagrin, I've found the jerky moldy (spotted in white patches of fuzz) when I went to go open the bag this morning.

The code stamped on the back reads 29210 1A2869.

This is officially the first time I've heard of jerky going moldy, and it's a bit of a turn off. I know this stuff was designed to last, so I wonder how long this particular bag has been around for. I was thinking that the "29210" part of the stamp represented a production date, February 29, 2010, although this year was not a leap year and so that date does not exist.

While I don't wish to avoid your fine food products, I'm sorry to say that I feel like I've wasted my money here. I'm curious as to if you can tell me how long your product is meant to last, as it contains no preservatives (I find that a good thing). I'm also curious if you can tell me how long this particular package has been around for.

Thank you for hearing my complaint. It is much appreciated.

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment