Friday, October 8, 2010

Dear Coca Cola

Dear Coca Cola,

I am writing you today to inquire about your various 2 liter bottled soda products. While I don't go through all too much of your soft drink, I do still hunt around for the best deals and always find that the 2 liter bottles of soda are the best bang for buck. Plain old Coke flavor is my personal favorite... Pepsi can't hold a flame to your refreshing taste.

That said, there's one thing I was wondering about; is there a recommended method that you support to help retain the carbonation in your sodas for a full seven days? Maybe a screw-top device that one can use, or a method of storing that helps promote CO2 retention?

On a typical day, I drink one glass of Coke, well iced, always after I return home from work. Out of a 2 liter bottle, I can get about 8 glasses. I'd say that I burn through this about once a week. What I run into is that the carbonation is entirely lacking by around the 5 day mark, leaving me without any fizz for the last couple glasses of every 2 liter bottle that I drink.

It makes what should be an enjoyable drinking experience slightly dull. While I could probably fix this by switching to cans or buying the 1 liter bottles, I find it to not be cost effective as I rarely drink a full 12 ounces in one sitting, and the 1 liter bottles are a straight up rip off... although I respect your cunning attempt at turning a profit. Very sly.

Thanks again for making such a fine tasting product. You do good things for taste-buds around the world.

Your friend,

Daniel

5 comments:

  1. You know you are so going to get a reply from them. Coca Cola = good people :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only liquid gold when it's composed of >30% carbonation!

    ...Also, Coca Cola has nothing on Dr. Pepper.

    ...just saying cause...you know, you seem to be confused...thinking coca cola is awesome. Heehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good doctor is just so misunderstood

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know they have a person that specifically answers letters about carbonation. Actually, I bet they have a whole department.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catherine, totally agree. Dr Pepper all the way. That (and this site) reminds me -- I was such a Dr Pepper freak as a teenager that when my beat up old car broke down, I started drafting a long letter to Dr Pepper praising their soft drink and begging them to give me a car (any old used thing would do). They could paint it with Dr Pepper ads and I'd happily drive it around. I never sent the letter because 1) I thought it was stupid and 2) I wasn't sure I could really be a driving ad for anything, even my beloved Dr Pepper. Now I wish I had sent the damn letter. I could have at least gotten a year's supply of Dr Pepper out of it or something.

    ReplyDelete