I am writing you today to share with you a photo that I took of your beautiful temple located in San Diego, California. Your building is truly a magnificent work of art, and I am amazed every time I drive past it. While I am not and likely will never become a Mormon, I still felt it appropriate to share with you this photograph as a gesture of tolerance and respect for my fellow, God-fearing Americans.
Please, feel free to use this image in its unaltered state for your own marketing purposes, if you so desire. I'm offering this free of charge, provided that it is never used in order to directly generate revenue... such as printing it on your Mormon post cards, or used on your Mormon T-shirts that you sell in your Mormon gift shops.
The photo was taken by me using my Canon PowerShot A620 and a Pedco UltraClamp Camera Mount on or around April 14th, 2010 from the side of a very busy southbound Interstate 5. You can find a high resolution digital copy online here for download: http://imgur.com/D60cC.jpg
I'm curious; would it be possible to take a tour of the inside of your gorgeous facility? I tried looking online for some photos, but haven't been able to find too many. Even if you had a brochure, that would be appreciated. I once approached the building and was met by a man who very kindly told me that I was not allowed to be there because I wasn't Mormon, although I find this to be such a waste of whatever interior architecture you've got going on in there. I told him that I'd seen the whole first season of Big Love, but he told me that I'm still not allowed to enter.
Anyway, I hope you like the picture I took. Let me know what you think of it, and if you do end up using it.
Warm Regards,
Daniel
PS - Please don't send anyone to my house. I won't answer the door, unless you'd be willing to let me in your Temple. I think it's only fair that way.

Yeah, good look with the tour. Even Mormons can't get in there unless they have their "special papers."
ReplyDeleteOh, and say hi to the missionaries that soon will be coming to your home.
You might be able to find some pictures in the appropriate periodical....but that would take a long time....and probably require access to an Architecture Library....
ReplyDeleteGorgeous picture, though! =)
That picture is amazing!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm curious...who in the world did you actually mail this too?
I briefly lived in DC and was always mesmerized when the Mormon temple appeared in the distance when I was driving along the beltway. Love your photo, and will be very interested to see what response you get...
ReplyDeleteMy Grandma went there on a special tour when it was first built and hadn’t yet been christened or sterilized or whathaveyou. She says it was very beautiful and that everything was pure white and gold. Oh and she seemed bemused that they made her wear soft booties over her shoes and whisper the whole time. Crazy Mormons.
ReplyDeleteThat is a gorgeous photo. I'll bet they will use it, it's too perfect! The Temple is so pretty and perfectly framed. And those three points of light could be Holy Spirit, Father and... uh? Jesus? Wait. Well, anyway it’s a great photo. Have you been taking many photos lately? Or car videos?
ReplyDelete