Monday, October 25, 2010

Reply - Blue Angels

I received a reply from the Blue Angels.


Click here to read my original letter to the Blue Angels from October 4, 2010


I was surprised when I came home to find a 13" X 18" envelope slipped behind my screen door. Checking the return address label, it said, "Department of the Navy; Commanding Officer"... and my first thought was, "Oh God, I'm being drafted..."



Turns out, it was just a reply from the Navy's Blue Angels. No letter came with the package, but I did get some awesome things back. There were two 11" x 14" frame-quality posters, one each of Fat Albert and the six F-18's.



I also received a sticker sheet, a fold-out brochure that lists and shows the picture of every person that is part of the enlisted roster (yearbook style), and then a spectacular glossy 54 page full-color booklet highlighting what the Blue Angels do, detailed bios on the pilots along with some amazing photos.

I wasn't expecting this much stuff. Sending out things like this can't be cheap... postage alone was $7.90. So, the downside is that it's my tax dollars that paid for this, but the upside is that I'll be hanging onto this stuff for a long time to come. What a neat reply...

3 comments:

  1. Neato. But I would still be disappointed that there wasn't even a form letter to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Daniel,

    Holy shit!

    With astonishment,

    Erin O'Brien

    ReplyDelete