Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dear Butterball

Dear Butterball,

I am writing you today to inquire about some of your turkey cuts. A couple hours ago, I was thinking about turkey when someone mentioned the phrase "Butterball", and I started to salivate thinking about fresh, hot and juicy turkey... which come to think of it I only eat about once a year. I find this odd that I limit myself to eating it only once a year being that it is a) delicious and b) rather healthy to consume.

I'm going to admit something to you that you probably won't like. I eat a lot of Foster Farms boneless and skinless chicken breasts. I have probably eaten about 50 chickens worth this year so far. I like to marinade them, and then grill them on my single serving George Foreman grill. It's the nearly perfect process.

As I thought about it some more, I realized... there is no turkey breast only option available for sale in any of the grocery stores I go to in San Diego, and if I were given an option to eat turkey or chicken... I'd pick turkey. Perhaps I'm wrong and just overlook it out of rote for the chicken breasts, but I'm about 99% sure at the writing of this letter that no matter how much time I spend scouring the aisles, I will not be able to find any of your Fresh Turkey Breast cuts.

Come a month from now, I know that giant turkeys are going to start populating the meats section, but I am a mere bachelor that lives in a 300 square foot studio and all I really want is a fresh portion of the bird that I can grill without the hassle of having to deal with the remainder of the body. I've tried to bake a turkey on my own before, but failed miserably as it was still partially raw after a couple hours and packed with a semi-frozen bag of giblets that nobody told me about. I'm not even sure if my oven works, truth be told.

Mostly, I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of a place that perhaps carries your Fresh Turkey Breast cuts that I could scope out. I'd like to try my herb and garlic marinade on them, and see how they'd take to my George Foreman. Or if there aren't any available, why is this the case? If someone has a petition to get more turkey products out my way, I'll gladly sign it. Just let me know. Thank you for producing a fine product.

Gobble,

Daniel

1 comment:

  1. If I am not mistaken, turkey is more expensive than chicken. It is not easy to find in local stores unless you buy almost the entire bird. It is more difficult to cook (requires longer cooking time & if not careful, it could end up being dry. I wonder is that has something to do with the expression "quit being a turkey" LOL...

    ReplyDelete