Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dear Target

Dear Target,

I am writing you today to share my frustrations about purchasing socks from your fine retail outlets. The problem I run into is that I am sporting a size 12 foot (possibly on the verge of 12.5), and I find the standard socks sizes that you carry are not really all that comfortable.

What I'm usually faced with is a one-size-fits-all crew sock that's geared towards shoe sizes 6 through 12. Being on the extreme end of that spectrum has done nothing but cause the premature wear and tear of all of my socks, stretching them to the max on a constant basis. They're tight, and I hate that.

These size 6-12 socks are so tight that they have rubbed the skin smooth on both the front and back parts of my leg, right above the ankle, causing this awkward leg baldness thing that is extremely noticeable when I wear shorts. This isn't an issue at work or when I wear pants, but during the summer when I begin to dress down in the 100°F+ heat, I switch to those ankle socks so as to allow for a bit more breathing...

People, they look at my bald legs. My friends make comments. They say things like, "Did you try to Nair your legs?"

About ten years ago, I did manage to find a couple packs of a size 12-14 sock on your shelves. I cannot remember who made them, but they were without question the most comfortable socks I had ever worn in my life. If given an option (and if I were asked to pay a couple bucks more), I would purchase a great quantity of these socks for my personal use. I know they still make them because they're on various underwear manufacturer websites, but I don't want to be that "weird, picky guy that has to special order his socks on the internet."

Please, can you carry some of these larger socks in your stores? I know I'm not the only one with a size 12 foot... there are at least 5 people in my office building who are 6'2" or taller, and I'm sure they have the same sock difficulties as me, although I'm too shy to bring up the topic.

Thank you for your convenient shopping outlets. I appreciate them very much.

Yours,

Daniel

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying these letters so very much. You really should pursue writting as a career option, it seems to be a natural calling. Oh and the statistics sidebar is nice addition. :)

    Have you tried the "Casual Male XL" stores for socks? I bet they would carry the 12-14 size. There is one on Midway/Rosecrans.

    ReplyDelete