My original letter to United Airlines from August 18, 2010.
The reply:

It's a real reply, and has a decent comp accompanying it, but I'm still very anti-United at this point. I have flown over 100 times, and I consider that flight to have been the absolute worst I'd been on. I will say that I'll make use of the $150 certificate, but that'll be the last time United sees me if I have anything to say about it. Never again will I do a coast-to-coast flight with them.
I took that exact same United redeye San Diego-Washington flight two nights ago. The flight attendants were polite and I didn't notice any rude or out-of-line interactions. Could be a coincidence, or maybe the offending flight attendant was off duty that night...or maybe your letter actually set something in motion?
ReplyDeleteHmmm... intriguing. I'd say you definitely lucked out on your flight, either way. I'm assuming the attendant on my flight was probably having a bad day, but there are just some situations in which you should not let your emotions interfere. Air travel is going to be stressful, that's a given... but as far as I'm concerned, there's no reason that a flight attendant should ever be a contributing factor to that.
ReplyDeleteA bad day might make someone snap once or be grumpy, but her behavior seemed above and beyond just that. Sounds like she had a general attitude problem. I know it's not an easy job (*I* certainly wouldn't want to be a flight attendant) but someone who acts like that should probably find a different career path...something not in customer service.
ReplyDelete